Welcome to IBIS PRESS / NICOLAS HAYS
Distributed by Redwheel/Weiser, LLC.
65 Parker St. • Ste. 7 • Newburyport, MA 01950
IBIS PRESS / NICOLAS HAYS is dedicated to to providing the finest spiritual literature available today. We specialize in publishing books from both classic and modern sources that outline the basis and development of the world’s Mystery Traditions. Our subjects include Alchemy, Astrology, Depth Psychology, Magick, Spirituality, Women’s Mysteries, and the many other paths of human striving for union with the Infinite. We welcome your interest and look forward to earning your trust and loyalty.
Click on catalog image below to download our 2019 Complete Titles Catalog
Here are some of our recently-released titles:
This is the second volume of Peter Levenda’s Lovecraft Trilogy. Following The Lovecraft Code, Levenda here probes deeper into the mysteries of Professor Gregory Angell, Yezidi seeress Jamilia, and Detective Cuneo of post-Katrina New Orleans. All are fighting the nightmare denizens of a terror cell desperately seeking The Necronomicon, as well as a top secret US government intelligence agency.What secret is buried so deeply within human DNA that exposing its mysteries would serve only to undermine humanity’s most cherished institutions?And what secret is encoded within an ancient book of magic that, once deciphered, would cause the eruption of a force so prehistoric that its earthly temples—once submerged beneath the seas—will rise to the surface once again?
|One Truth and One Spirit
Aleister Crowley’s Spiritual Legacy
Based upon academic research at the University of Amsterdam’s Center for the History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents, One Truth and One Spirit is a much-needed work covering a previously unexplored history of the modern religious movement known as Thelema. It details the theoretical framework of Aleister Crowley’s spiritual legacy in the O.T.O. and the A.’.A.’., and covers the decades of Thelema since Crowley’s death in 1947.This is the first serious sociological study of initiated Thelemic culture, ie., “the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society […] patterns of social relationships, social interaction, and culture.”One Truth and One Spirit approaches a complex topic and a complex history, with exhaustive citations and sources, but is written for anyone interested in the subject of Thelema. The author utilizes both published source material, as well as previously unavailable archives that make this work a unique contribution to the available literature.
|In the Cards
Murder and Mystery in the Library
Marjorie G. Jones
The theft of a rare volume in the renowned library of ancient philosophical traditions at the Warburg Institute, and the brutal slaying of its chief Librarian, pits Dame Frances Yates against a killer. The eminent historian of Renaissance spirituality battles a sociopath whose hostility, greed, and violence upset the idyllic atmosphere of this quiet scholarly community. Following her intuition and insights through the mysterious Tarot cards, Dame Frances uncovers clues to the identity of the perpetrator. With the assistance of a Scotland Yard detective—an enthusiastic Freemason—and an attractive American lawyer-turned-scholar, Yates zeroes in on the murderer.This fast-paced novel combines murder, larceny, and Tarot. Lively characters, romance, humor, and scenes from the pastoral English countryside contrast with the dark underbelly of the twisted landscape of a self-absorbed assassin, and his unscrupulous and manipulative business partner. Sure to grab the attention of anyone who appreciates great detective fiction and the symbolic world of the Mysteries.
|The Visions of the Pylons
A Magical Record of Explorations in the Starry Abode
J. Daniel Gunther
Assisted by a student and friend who served as the scribe, the author designed and conducted a series of astral explorations whose intent was to determine the true nature of the Pylons of the Duant.
This book draws deeply from Jungian psychology, ancient Egyptian mythology, world religions, the doctrines of the classic Mystery traditions, and the teachings of Thelema and its prophet, Aleister Crowley.
The Visions of the Pylons are described and explained in clear, precise language with detailed instructions for how to proceed with one’s own exploration.
• Offers a modern example of the vision quest utilizing Aleister Crowley’s instructions for Astral exploration.
• A modern Grimoire of practical “how to” Instruction for any Student of Magick.
• A detailed account of a series of astral experiments conducted between 1975 and 1977.
|The Lovecraft Code
• A professor of religion turns atheist after witnessing a massacre in Iraq, only to confront a darker possibility• A high-ranking American intelligence officer authorizes a black op that no one understands, but on which the fate of nations depends
• An explosion of violence in the Middle East as warring sects seek the ultimate weapon of mass destruction
• And, at the center of the conflagration, a book that reveals the existence of an ancient cult bent on global extermination …
• … a book introduced to the world by a famous author of gothic horror. A book that is not supposed to exist.Drawing on decades of experience, non-fiction author and historian Peter Levenda turns to the novel as the best and perhaps only way to tell a story that must be told.
|The Eighth Seal (Its Time Is Now!)
Cracking the Code that Solves the Mystery of the Book of Revelation
• Pinpoints the precise astronomical opening of the Age of Aquarius and its effects on contemporary culture.• Examines the science of astronomy and the mysteries of religion.
• Decodes the most complex and misunderstood book of the Bible, and demonstrates its relevance for our time.• Explains the doctrine of the Precession of the Equinox
• Provides an analysis of biblical symbolism and history to our own time.This groundbreaking study demonstrates that the ancient author(s) of the Book of Revelation possessed extensive and sophisticated knowledge of the sky and the patterns therein. We learn how various historical events reflected certain astronomical alignments in the past, and how we may anticipate the effects of such events in the future.